In response to the community’s call for greater animal protection, ALEP has grown to be an influential organisation, now helping other CLC’s (Central Land Councils) to set up their own ALEP’s around the country. We currently rely on donations and receive no government funding.
Who we are: We are a committed volunteer group of lawyers, law students, academics, animal protection advocates, wildlife carers and animal lovers.
What we do:
- Lobby for law reform
- Community awareness raising on animal issues
- Write submissions to legislative reviews and reforms
- Media for animal issues
- Run workshops, free for the public on animal issues
- Legal information for animal activists
- Legal referral service
- Build networks of animal protection advocates
- Promote animal law